You have no items in your shopping cart.
- 48bit LBA backplane anc supportx HDD >2TB SAS/SATAI, II, III HDD/SSD
- Scalable - Expandable to 128 HDD
- PCIe x8 ver 2.0 high performance RAID card
- Support RAID level: 0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60 featuring hot swap and hot spare
- Array roaming - Move RAID to different system without rebuilt
- Online RAID level/stripe size migration
- Online capacity expansion & RAID level migration simultaneously
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ, and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- System status indication through LED/LCD display, and alarm buzzer
- SMTP support for email notification
- SNMP agent supports for remote SNMP Manager
Introducing the latest addition to RM16 series, DAT Optic's RM16-S6-R is a turn-key sixteen (16) SAS (6Gb)/SATA RAID system (RAID card included) in 3U rack mount with RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6,10/50/60 base on world famous ARECA RAID engine coupling with high performance of 800 MHz RoC for RAID core and SAS microcode with 512MB DDR2 800MHz RAM cache. RM16-S6-R is ready to transfer date over 2GB/sec with non-stop service with a high degree of fault tolerance and performance to MAC, Windows, Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, or Netware OS.
With direct connect to system host via PCI Express x8 (20Gbps) host adapter, backplane connection direct to HDD (less cable), environment sensing (fan, temperature, S.M.A.R.T...) via I2C protocol RM16-S6-R provides unparalleled, highly reliable, and protected data for users who demand Enterprise class performance. RM16-S6-R not only provides a high reliable sustained data rate over 1000MB/sec, but also has the fastest speed in its class yet! The graph shows how well the RM16-S6-R is able to handle a real life scenario.
Scale-able up to 128 Drives
The RM16-S6-R RAID system supports daisy-chain up to eight (8) RM16-S6 (SAS JBoD expander) chassis, a total of one hundred twenty eight (128) SAS/SATA or SSD drives can be connected. The following figure shows how to connect the external Min SAS cable from the included SAS RAID controller to the external drive boxes or drive enclosures.
Easy RAID Management
RM16-S6-R utilizes built-in firmware with an embedded terminal emulation which can be accessed via hot key at BIOS booting screen (PC platform). The system firmware also contains a HTTP browser base program, which allows accessed through an HTTP proxy server function in MAC, Window, Linux and other OS. This browser base allows both local and remote control to create, modify RAID sets, volumes sets and monitoring RAID status from any standard web browser. RM16-S6-R system RAID management can be accessed in multiple ways:
- Hot key at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot manager utility can be used to simplify the set up and management of the RAID configuration (PC x86 Platform)
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via Web browser through the http Proxy server functions in MAC, Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status
- LCD Control Panel - Intuitive LCD controller allows end user to configure, set up and monitor the RAID volume with the press of a button
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, RM16-S6-R fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, and email notification. Our RM16-S6-R can notify by email up to four email addresses on any predefined event, even just a daily report of the RAID itself. This certainly will take out the guess work and uncertainty about the storage.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Top Notch Support Review by Scott - AAM
Write Your Own Review
|Part Number|| RM16-S6-R
Sixteen (16) SAS/SATA 6Gb/s hot swap bay RAID0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60 in 3U rack mount
|Physical Mount Space||3U rack mount 16x (3/6Gb) SAS 3/6Gb/SATAI, II, III bays|
|Operating System||Support MAC, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Unix..|
|LED Display (Chassis)|| FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow rpm or stop)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|LED Display (Tray)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow rpm or stop)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host/Device Interfaces||2x mini SAS as host for daisy chains
1x mini SAS as device (hot plug able)
Requires x8 lane PCIe V2 - compatible with PCIe V1 !@ x4 lanes (lower performance)
|Cooling||3x Modulars 75 x 75 x 28 mm blowers|
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 0o C to 50o C
Humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
|Warranty||Three year manufacture limited warranty
Populated HDD - Five years manufacture limited warranty
|Power Supply||650W RAID mini-Redundant (3 modules)
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz
Output: +5V and +12V DC
|Dimensions||13.3 (H) x 48.2(W) x 56.35(D) cm / 5.25"(H) x 19"(W) x 23"(D)|