You have no items in your shopping cart.
- 1-to-5 SATA II (3.0Gbps) Port Multiplier with a hardware RAID engine
- OS independent hardware RAID - no driver nor software to install
- Supports RAID levels: 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 / JBoD / Clone / Hot spare
- Provides RAID Manager GUI Utility to configure and monitor the status of the disks connected on RAID controller
- Supports Hot Spare on RAID
- 48bit LBA fully supports HDD size greater than 2TB - tested with 3TB and 4TB
- Supports Multiple RAID (Configured as Multiple Volume RAID)
- Rebuild speed: 200GB/hour - 10TB RAID volume about 5 hrs
SPM393 uses market-proven Multi-port Serial ATA PHY technology and a proprietary storage processor to provide very highly efficient SATA RAID operations.
With an easy configuration scheme, the device can function as a pure port multiplier which provides SATA port expansion just like a SATA Hub, a hard drive performance booster which provides a high-performance device seen by the host controller, or a hard drive data protector which automatically backs up data to prevent data loss from hard drive damage.
SPM393 also has an advanced mode to provide both the benefits of performance boost and data protection.
SPM393 has a self-contained storage processor chip which completely frees up the main CPU loading and whose SATA ports comply with the eSATA specification, making it suitable for use in both internal systems and external storage applications.
- To easily change configurations of the SPM393, set rotary switch to:
- PM (Port Multiplier technology) allows system to see 5x individual drives - default mode.
- RAID0 - All installed hard drive set as stripe RAID.
- RAID1/10 - If TWO (2) drives installed, these will set as mirror RAID. With 4 drives installed, it will set as RAID10 and the fifth drive sets as Hot Spare.
- Large - Combining/appending all installed drives as a ONE BIG volume, HDD size is indiscriminate.
- RAID3 - All connected HDD will set as RAID3 - for more info about RAID3 click here.
- Clone - All connected HDD will set as mirror with N copies. Like RAID1, which is 1 to 1 (mirror), Clone is 1 to n, where n is the number of installed HDDs.
- RAID5 - All connected HDD will set as RAID5 - for more info about RAID5 click here
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Works well Review by Ronald K. Scott - OK
Write Your Own Review
Five SATA port Hardware RAID5 Controller
|Peripherals||Up to Five (5) SATA (Serial ATA) drive
Fully support all size HDD including 1.0TB, 1.5TB and 2.0TB
|Operating System||Any OS with an SATA port - No driver required|
|Drive Interface||SATAI, SATA II|
|Host Interface||SATA or eSATA 3.0Gbps|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||61.5(D) x 21.6(H) x 83.3(W)mm
Mount-able in SCSI cut out
|Connectors||eSATA connector x 1 (device)
SATA connector x 5 (host)
4-pin floppy power connector x 1
|Power Requirement||5V/DC; 250ma ~ 500mA|
|Package Contents||SPM393 Board|