You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Hardware RAID 5 with S.M.A.R.T. monitoring, five drives, hot spare supported
- 2x 10/100/1000Mbps support Link aggregation and Fail-Over
- Up to 40TB capacity (10x 4.0TB SATA drive - additional eBOX required)
- Expandable to twenty drives via eSATA ports
- Data Encryption algorithm: AES; BLOWFISH, CAMELLIA, 3DES (128~ 256 key length)
- Stream up to five 1080p Video Streams
- CIFS (samba), SFTP, FTP, NFS, TFTP, AFP, RSYNC, Unison, iSCSI (initiator and target) and UPnP.
- GUI RAID Manager with a touch of the button
- Direct Air (tm) for quiet and best thermal
- Lower power consumption
The Most Affordable and Flexible iSCSI Solution
The eBOX-N can serve as a NAS and/or an iSCSI target server with or without data encryption. The built-in iSCSI target feature provides an affordable IP-SAN (Storage Area Network) alternative for SMB. The server managers can set up the NAS to expand the storage capacity for existing application servers, such as database server and mail server in an economical way. Moreover, the innovative "Virtual Space Allocation" (Thin Provisioning) feature is provided which allows the server managers to flexibly allocate the capacity of iSCSI LUN (Logical Unit Number) at the beginning, regardless of the physical volume capacity.
Easy Setup, Low-Cost Maintenance
The handy LCD display on the eBOX-N provides a speedy and easy approach for IT administrators to initialize the NAS and set up the RAID configuration without using any computer, and of course you can remotely control the eBOX-N via ANY web browser.
Features and Services
- Network Protocols Supported
- SMB/CIFS (Samba)
High performance: Over 80MB/sec transfer rate in real life scenario. Here is the screen capture of copy 8.2TB data from our eBOX-N and Windows 7 via SMB/CIFS protocols:
CPU utilization during heavy network traffic
- AFP (Netatalk)
- FTP (ProFTPD)
- TFTP (tftp-hpa)
- RSYNC (client/server)
- SCP (SSH)
- iSCSI target
To setup iSCSI target to other systems, our eBOX-N offers a very intuitive management screen, within minute you should be able to use iSCSI target in your system.
Here are the step by step of HOW TO SETUP iSCSI DRIVE
- Extra Services
- BitTorent client (Transmission)
24/7 BitTorrent - Download your favorite content from Internet, Open a torrent file and watch it download for you.
- UPnP server (FUPPES)
- iTunes/DAAP server (Firefly)
- Webserver (lighttpd)
- Network bandwitdh measure (Iperf)
- Tune-able network protocols: SMB, NFS...
- Many Plugins: VirtualBox, SlimNAS, USB Print server...
eBOX-N incorporates DirectAir tm (bottom fans) forcing air directly into the hard drive keeps their temperature close to ambient, which increases HDD life expectancy, stability, and lower the fan noise, and its efficiency as well.
Designed for the Studio and Home Office
Ultra-quiet - DirecAir tm technology removes heat a lot more efficiently then conventional convection, therefore the fan does not does have to spin in high rpm, making the eBOX-N THE choice for editing and recording video/audio studios who can not allow the addition of any noise within the critical creative listening environment.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- I am once again, very happy with my eBOX-N Review by Tim Maloney
- Best Tech Support and Superior Products Review by Steve G
- Fast Review by Arnie
- Affordable NAS Review by Gary - pixelperfectla.com
- It's a HARDWARE RAID! Review by MiBolsa
- This guy is smokin'! Review by Mike Deissler
Write Your Own Review
Five SATA hardware RAID5 Media/Data Server wih Gb Ethernet (2x Gb E Optional)
|Hard Drive Configuration||Any SATAI, II, III hard drives, including HDDs greater than 2TB
|Host Connection Ports||1x GB Ethernet
2x Gb Bond-able support 802.3ad
|RAID Engine||Five drive Jmicron RISC Raid processor|
|Services||Support CIFS (samba), FTP, TFTP, SFTP
NFS, SSH, AFP, RSYNC, Unison,
iSCSI (initiator and target) and UPnP,
Dynamic DNS, SNMP, UPS,
Data Encryption Algorithm: AES; BLOWFISH, CAMELLIA, 3DES (128~ 256 key length)
|Other Functions||Teaming / Link aggregation and Failed Over with two ports|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C||Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||30.5cm x 19.0 cm x 41.9cm (12" x 7.5" x 16.5") (H X W X D)||Connectors||1x eSATA
4x USB host
1x AC Universal jack
1x RJ45 (Gb Ethernet 2x port is optional)
Keyboard and Mouse connector
|Power Requirement||Switchable 115~230VAC 50/60Hz|