You have no items in your shopping cart.
- The ONLY thunderbolt 2 in the market is upgrade-able to Thunderbolt 3
- Dual Thunderbolt2 (20Gb) ports support MAC and Windows
- Supports greater 2TB HDD and SAS/SATAI, II, III HDD/SSD
- Supports hardware RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60. JBoD and hot spare in MAC OS 10.x.x and Windows
- Thunderbolt high performance I/O technology, simultaneous bi-directional, 20 Gbps transfers over a single cable
- Array roaming - Move RAID to different system without rebuild
- Supports Multiple RAID/JBOD Array volumes
- Scaleable up to 128 HDDs (option) - SAS/SATA HDD, massive data pool 512TB
- Online capacity expansion & RAID level migration simultaneously
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- SMTP support for email notification
- SNMP agent support for remote SNMP Manager
- Made in CA - USA
With direct connect to system host via Thunderbolt 20Gb/s bidirectional high performance I/O, RM12-S6.TB2 provides unparalleled high reliability of data protection for users who demand enterprise class performance. RM12-S6-TB2 not only provides a high reliable sustained data rate over 20Gb/sec bandwidth, but a massive data storage space is reality - expandable up to 128 drives.
Here are the actual transfer rates in our lab.
Test Set up:
- MAC Pro Late 2013, OS X 10.9.x
- RM12-S6.TB2 loaded with 12x 4TB Seagate 7200.14 - Desktop RAID HDD
RAID 5 - Over 1005MB/s
Easy RAID Management
RM12-S6.TB2 utilizes built-in firmware with an embedded terminal emulation which can be accessed via hot key at BIOS booting screen (PC platform) locally or remotely accessed via http proxy and/or IP address.
- Hot key at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot manager utility can be used to simplify the set up and management of the RAID configuration (PC x86 Platform).
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via Web browser through the Http Proxy server functions in MAC and Windows. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via Web browser through the IP address. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
Scale-able up to 128 Drives
The RM12-S6.TB RAID system supports daisy-chain to multiples RM16-S6 and/or RM24-S6E or ANY SAS JBoD chassis for a total of one hundred twenty eight (128) SAS/SATA or SSD drives can be connected. The following figure shows typical of how to connect the these SAS JBOD chassis with miniSAS cable to expand the RAID from our RM12-S6.TB2 system.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, RM12-S6.TB2 fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, and email notification. Our RM12-S6.TB2 can notify by email up to four email addresses on any predefined event, even just a daily report of the RAID itself. This certainly will take out the guess work and uncertainty about the storage Raid array.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Amazing product, amazing company Review by J.D. Frey
- ...Stellar Product Review by NEW DEAL STUDIOS, INC. - JJ
Write Your Own Review
Thunderbolt2 (Tbolt2) 20Gb twelve (12) bay SAS | SATA (6Gb) and SSD bay RAID 0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60 with hot spare in 2U rack mount
|Physical Mount Space||2U rack mount 12x SAS/SATA/SSD with 6Gb Backplane|
|Operating System||MAC, Windows|
|Support RAID||RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50 and 60 with hot-spare
Sclalable up to 128 drives (SAS Option)
Multiple RAID volumes, hot-swap tray
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interfac||2x 20Gb/s Thunderbolt2 ports simultaneous bi-directional|
|Cooling||2x Modular 75 x 75 x 28 mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||55.9(D) x 48.2(W) x 13.1(H) cm|
|Warranty||Populated Entreprise HDD - Five years manufacture limited warranty
Populated Desktop HDD - Three years manufacture limited warranty
|Power Supply||350W Raid edition Power supply
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz
Redundant 1+1 Optional
|Manual, Driver, etc||
RM12-S6.TB Quick Reference
RM12-S6.TB RAID Manual
Driver for Windows
Driver for MAC - 10.5.x ~ 10.9.x
As low as: $1,395.95