You have no items in your shopping cart.
- The ONLY thunderbolt 2 tower in the market offering upgrade-able to Thunderbolt 3
- Dual (2) Thunderbolt 2 ports - the NEW thunderbolt interface 20Gb/s
- No In Rush current, due to staggering HDD on with programmable timing - default is 0.7 sec.
- Support SAS HDD with SAS Option selected
- Support bootable from RAID storage volume
- Supports HDD greater than 2TB SATAI, II, III HDD/SSD
- Supports hardware RAID levels 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60. JBoD and hot spare in Windows 7 and later |ac 10.8.x and later
- Thunderbolt 2 (TB2) high performance I/O technology, simultaneous bi-directional, 40 Gbps transfers over a single cable
- Array roaming - Move RAID to different system without rebuild
- Supports RAID volumes schedule scrubbing, to ensure data integrity
- Supports Multiple RAID Array volumes
- Scale-able up to 256 HDDs, a Massive storage space up to Petra Byte (optional)
- Online capacity expansion & RAID level migration simultaneously
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
- Supports S.M.A.R.T, NCQ and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- SMTP support for email notification
- SNMP agent support for remote SNMP Manager
Introducing the latest Thunderbolt 2 (TB2 @ 20Gb) desktop series, DATOptic's T12-S6.TB2 is a turn-key twelve (12) bay SATA (6Gb) - SAS HDD support only with SAS Option - with JBoD/Raid system, ready to deploy in a quiet tower. It supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6,10/50/60/JBoD and hot spare based on world famous ARECA RAID engine coupling a powerful dedicate I/O storage processor and 1GB on-board DDR3-933 SDRAM with ECC protection
With direct connect to system host via Thunderbolt 20Gb/s bidirectional high performance I/O, T12-S6.TB2 provides unparalleled, high reliability of data protection for users who demand enterprise class performance. T12-S6-TB2 not only provides a highly reliable sustained data rate of over 1200Mb/sec bandwidth, but a massive data storage space is a reality @ 48TB RAW space or expandable up to 128 drives via SAS option.
Here are the actual transfer rates in our lab.
Test Set up:
- New Mac Pro with Thunderbolt 2, OS X 10.9.x
- RM12-S6.TB2 loaded with 12x 4TB Seagate 7200.14 - Desktop RAID HDD
RAID 5 - Over 1005MB/s
Quietness - How quiet our tower - Here is our test
Easy RAID Management
T12-S6.TB2 utilizes built-in firmware with an embedded terminal emulation which can be accessed via hot key at BIOS booting screen (x86 platform) locally or remotely accessed via http proxy and/or IP address.
- Hot key at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot manager utility can be used to simplify the set up and management of the RAID configuration (PC x86 Platform).
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via Web browser through the Http Proxy server functions in Mac OS and/or Windows. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
Scale-able up to 128 Drives - SAS Upgrade Option
The T12-S6.TB RAID system supports daisy-chain to multiples T1216-S6 and/or RM24-S6E or ANY SAS JBoD chassis for a total of one hundred twenty eight (128) SAS/SATA or SSD drives can be connected. These SAS chassis daisy chain together via miniSAS cables and full support hot to expand the RAID from MASTER chassis - our T12-S6.TB2 system.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, T12-S6.TB2 fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, and email notification. Our T12-S6.TB2 can notify by email up to four email addresses on any predefined event, even just a daily report of the RAID itself. This certainly will take out the guess work and uncertainty of the storage RAID array.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Ultimate quality on both product and service! Review by Chad Sparks
- Work in JBOD or RAID. Review by Robert
- If all products and support were this good... Review by B
- Fantastic Product and Even Better Service Review by U2GT
Write Your Own Review
Thunderbolt twelve (12) bay SAS | SATA (6Gb) and SSD bay RAID 0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60 with hot spare in quiet desktop
|Physical Mount Space||12x Quiet tower 12x SAS/SATA/SSD|
|Operating System||Mac OS 0.8.x and later | Windows 7 and later|
|Support RAID||RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50 and 60 with hot-spare
Sclalable up to 128 drives
Multiple RAID volumes, hot-swap tray
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interface||10Gb/s Thunderbolt simultaneous bi-directional|
|Cooling||3x Modular 75 x 75 x 28 mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||16.0 (D) x 8.75 (W) x 17.0(H) in|
|Warranty||Populated Entreprise HDD - Five years manufacture limited warranty
Populated Desktop HDD - Three years manufacture limited warranty
|Power Supply||350W RAID edition Power supply
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz
Redundant 1+1 (Optional)
|Manual, Driver, etc||
T12-S6.TB2 Quick Set up Guide
T12-S6.TB2 RAID Manual
Driver for Windows
Driver for Mac - 10.8.x and later
As low as: $1,395.95