Dual IDE/PATA To FireWire800 RAID Converter With Oxford 912 Chipset (SCSI 1 Form Factor)
DAT Optic Inc. introduces 1394B-OR - a FireWire 800/400 bridge board supporting FOUR ATA/ATAPI or SATA* devices (SATA drive may need an IDE to SATA adapter).
1394B-OR - Key Features
- DC Power Connector, with mini 4-pin Floppy Disk Drive power connector
- IDE (ATA/ATAPI) Interface: One female IDC 2X20 Connector and one male IDC 2X20 Connector
- Both ATA and ATAPI devices are supported using the same firmware
- FireWire Bus Power: Self Powered Mode Operation
- FireWire ports: Two external Bilingual Ports
- 1394b PHY: Ti's TSB81BA3 IEEE 1394b 800Mbps PHY
- 1394 Bus Transfer Rate: S100/S200/S400/S800 Mbps
- HDD Access LED
- FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) to ATA Native Bridge Controller: Oxford OXFW912, complies with T13's ATA/ATAPI-7 Draft Specification:
PIO Mode 0 ~ 4
Multiword DMA Mode 0 ~ 2
Ultra DMA Mode 0 ~ 6
Supports 48-bit addressing for large hard drives (>128GB)
- Form Factor: Dual form factor
Direct Connect type
SCSI I 50pin Low-Density Centronics Connector Form Factor (Fits most standard SCSI enclosures)
1394B-OR is a FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) to IDE (ATA/ATAPI) bridge board featuring Oxford OXFW912 - FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) to IDE bridge controller.
1394B-OR is ideally suited for tailgate interface applications for removable-media drives: CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, tape, and Hard Disk drives. It allows two IDE drives (Master and Slave) to be connected to FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) serial bus in a plug-and-play fashion.
1394B-OR provides the perfect solution for data backup and transferring of data between computers using IDE (ATA/ATAPI) devices.
1394B-OR also is a selectable hardware RAID bridge for two 3.5" ATA HDD. A true hardware solution, 1394B-OR does not require additional software to install.
It provides 3 hardware RAID modes:
- RAID 0 (Striping): for two disks with the same capacity
- Spanning: for two disks with a different capacity
- Non-RAID (JBOD)
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
|More detailed spec||No driver required|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||6.40cm x 3.70cm x 2.87cm|
|IDE Peripherals||ATA/ATAPI device: CD/DVD-ROM/RW/RAM,+RW,+R, HDD|
|Requirement||USB2.0 specification Host adapter|
|Connectors||40 Pin IDE connector x 1
4-pin power connector x 1 (power cable included)
USB2.0 connector (USB2.0 cable included)