Dual IDE/PATA To FireWire800 Internal Converter With Initio Chipset
IF8Ci is a FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) to IDE (ATA/ATAPI) bridge board featuring INITIO inic-2430L, FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) to IDE (ATA/ATAPI) bridge controller and Texas Instrument's new IEEE 1394b 800Mbps PHY (TSB81BA3).
IF8Ci - Key Features
- IDE (ATA/ATAPI) Interface: Male IDC 2X20 Connector
- Both ATA and ATAPI devices are supported using the same firmware
- Number of ports: External X 3 (Two Bilingual-9pin and One FireWire-6pin)
- 1394a PHY: Ti's TSB81BA3 IEEE 1394b 800Mbps PHY
- 1394 Bus Transfer Rate: 100/200/400/800 Mbps
- FireWire (IEEE-1394) to ATA Native Bridge Controller: initial in-2430L
- Complies with T13's ATA/ATAPI-7 Draft Specification: o PIO Mode 0-4 o DMA Mode 0-2 o Ultra DMA Mode 2, 4, 5, 6 o Supports 48-bit addressing for large hard drives (>128GB).
- Form Factor: SCSI I 50pin Low-Density Centronics Connector Form Factor (fits most standard SCSI enclosures)
IF8Ci is ideally suited for tailgating interfaces such as removable-media drives: CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, tape, and Hard Disk drives. It allows IDE drives (Master and Slave) to be connected to FireWire 800 (IEEE 1394b) serial bus in a plug-and-play fashion. Both ATA and ATAPI devices are supported using the same firmware.
IF8Ci allows users to easily hot-swap IDE drives without interrupting the current operation.
IF8Ci provides the perfect solution for data backup and transferring of data between computers using IDE (ATA/ATAPI) devices.
End users can replace a slow & expensive SCSI device with a cheap & fast IDE device. This allows peripheral vendors a unique opportunity to capitalize on the ATA/ATAPI existing market advantage while presenting IF8Ci into the rapidly expanding FireWire800 (IEEE 1394b) markets.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
|More detailed spec||No driver required|
Direct Plug in Initio FireWire 800 bridge board
|IDE Peripherals||ATAPI/ATA-100: CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-RAM, Hard Disk, MO Drive, Jaz, Zip, Tape Back-up|
|Operating System||Win98SE, ME, 2K, XP, FreeBSD, Linux, MAC 8.6 or higher|
|IDE Interface||4 x ATAPI/ATA-133: IEEE-1394/FireWire|
|Host Interface||Initio INI2430L IEEE 1394a compliant
Support data transfer rate up to 100, 200, 400 MBps SBP-2 Target
Revision 4 compliant
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||3.33" x 1.81" (8.45cm x 4.60cm)|
|Connectors||40-pin IDE connector x 2
6-pin IEEE 1394 connector x 1
3-pin power connector x 1
|Power Requirement||5VDC; 130mA ~ 200mA|