6" Inch eSATA 6 Gbps External Shielded Cable Type I to Type I
Driverless ==> easy to use
SATAIII (6Gb) RAID1 ==> best for SAFE and FAST SSD BOOT drive solution (retain data)
SATAIII (6Gb) RAID0 ==> best for speed BOOT drive solution - 500M+B/s
- Provides 4 hardware modes:
- RAID 0 (Striping): for two disks with same capacity
- RAID 1 (Mirroring): for two disks with same capacity - caoable of retain data from an existing hard drive
- JBoD (Spanning): for two disks with different capacity
- Normal (Dual Lun): Non-RAID - SATA host must support Port Multiplier
- Support SATA I, II, III HDD SSD and even ODD in JBoD mode
- Boot-able in ANY OS due to driver-less feature
- Support ANY size of HDD up to 64TB, due to 48bit LBA address
DIY RAID0/1 can not be easier than this! You can have a RAID0/1 (retain data mirror) volume @ 6Gb/s bandwidth and completely independent from your system OS, hardware RAID features, fully compatible with MAC, Windows, Linux or ANY OS that supports SATAI, II and III. Here is how:
To configure the raid with existing data. There are TWO ways - hardware OR Software GUI
Hardware without suing RAID GUI- Connect ONLY HDD with data to the controller and connect the Host port to system SATA host port
- Set the jumper to RAID1 (mirror) - pin 3-4
- Power ON the controller, wait for 15 seconds
- Press and hold SW1 for at least 3 seconds
- The connected HDD now is RAID1 member
- Connect the blank HDD to D port of controller ( remember connect the power to this drive)
- Power on the system - your RAID should be rebuild in seconds and your data also accessible
Using GUI for Mac and Windows OS download here:
Mac OS: Mac GUI
Windows OS Windows GUI
To use this mode, there should be a jumper between 5-6 pins
- Connect ONLY HDD with data to the controller and connect the Host port to system SATA host port
- Run the RAID GUI, create RAID mirror with the GUI
- Hot connect the blank HDD to the controller, RAID will rebuild in seconds, while it rebuild your data still accessible
Note: recommend to use our MR105F (trayless HDD) - http://www.datoptic.com/ec/sata-tray-less-fan-mobile-rack.html for easy remove HDD as back up, archive...
Users of the S3-DS3RA can eliminate host CPU resource loading by using S3-DS3RA
S3-DS3RA allows two SATAI, II or III drives to be configured as reliable data mirroring, data performance striping, or just plain capacity expansion, that connect to host @ 6Gbps
With an LED wire - See Option, use can easily detect the BAD drive or simple login download-able in RAID GUI in support tab
- Mirroring (RAID 1) — allows SATA hard drives to automatically copy primary hard drive without any CPU loading (typical 1% CPU resource). Our U3-DS3RA provides automatic rebuild on SATA hard drive replacement and auto-failover to eliminate any workflow interruptions.
- Stripping (RAID 0) — allows the SATA hard drives to performance stripe, to provide maximum throughput to the directly attached PC/Server.
- Spanning — allows SATA hard drives (same or different sizes) to appear as one large drive to the host, for extra capacity (also called concatenation).
- Dual Drive Mode — allows the SATA hard drives attached to PC/Server to see two drives.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
SATAIII - 6Gbps 1-To-5 Port Multiplier Bridge Board
|Output Port||FIVE SATA I, II, III hard drives, Optical drives
Supports ANY HDD size, including HDD greater than 2.0TB
|Host Port||5x SATAIII 6Gb||Device Port||1x SATAIII 6Gb|
|Chipset||SoC - 6x SATAIII portsPort Multiplier||Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||8.33cm(W) x 2.15cm(H) x 67.9cm(D)|
|Connectors||1x SATAIII device 5x SATAIII host - connect to anyL type 4-pin power connector x 1 10 pin LED indicators||Power Requirement||5V/DC; 130mA ~ 200mA|