Dual eSATA (6Gb) Express Card support MAC, Windows, and Linux - eS3-EC
eS3-EC is a single-chip Express Card to dual (2) eSATA (6Gb) ports host controller that takes SATA performance and features to a new level. Using AHCI protocol, this Express card is easy to use: just plug and play.
Based on Marvell SATA 3 chip set our eS3-EC fully supports Windows, Linux and OS 10.7.x
eS3-EC - Key Features
- Fully compliant with Serial ATA 1.0a and Serial ATA II Extensions to Serial ATA 1.0a Specifications revision 1.1
- Supports Serial ATA Generation 2 transfer rate of 3.0 Gbps
- Supports Serial ATA II Port Multiplier 1.0 Specifications revision 1.1
- Supports First-party DMA commands for Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
- Staggered Spin-up Control
- RAID 5 (Distributed Parity RAID) has Highest Read data transaction rate and good aggregate transfer rate Complete with drivers for Windows 200, XP and 2003 Server, Linux and MAC OS 10.3.x or later
Our latest eS3-EC, a two eSATA PCI-Express SATAII connection host adapter, one-lane PCI Express (2.5Gb/sec)with two external Serial ATA (SATA) II host controller, brings server-class features to the desktop, support up to TEN SATA II thru Port Multipliers (SiI 3736 or SiI4726).
eS3-EC base on SiI 3132 supports one-lane PCI Express bus 2.5Gbps and the SATAII transfer rate of 3.0 Gbps (300 MB/s). The eS3-EC is fully compliant with the Serial ATA 1.0 specification and supports all SATA II extensions, including Native Command Queuing, enclosure management device support, selectable output strengths for backplane and hot-plug support. It also supports the SATA port multiplier specification (SiI3726) and FIS-based switching, which enables the execution of commands and transfer of data to multiple drives concurrently for unequaled data throughput over a single SATA link. In addition, the eS3-EC base on SiI 3132 supports ATAPI commands, making it applicable for optical drives.
Our eS3-EC base on SiI 3132 comes with drivers for Windows, Linux, and Novell Netware operating systems for both RAID and non-RAID operations. Software RAID 0 (striping), RAID 1(mirroring), RAID 1+0 (mirrored stripe), and RAID 5 (parity stripe) functions are supported through Silicon Image’s SATARaid™ RAID management GUI software utility. With the eS3-EC base on SiI 3132 host controller is designed for optimum performance. Multiple commands for each port are loaded into on-chip memory eliminating the need for host CPU intervention and minimizing PCI bus usage. Command execution engines dramatically reduce latency between commands, ensuring that drives stay fully loaded with queued commands.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.