Dual SATA Drive To USB And ESATA Bridge Featuring: RAID 0,1, Dual Volume
Storage Processor with Embedded USB 2.0 and eSATA Interfaces. The eSU2-RD is a low-cost, single bridge solution for digital home and small office storage appliances. This SteelVine Storage Processor Raid bridge connects a USB 2.0 or 3 Gbps SATA host port to two 3 Gbps eSATA Gen2m device ports.
Features of the eSU2-RD include advanced RAID modes, drive locking and single-button backup.
eSU2-RD - Key Features
- SteelVine Storage Processor RAID controller
- No driver, BIOS or software required and one-touch back-up
- No drive reformatting on RAID change, daisy chain multiple drives
- Email Notification, Dual RAID: SAFE and FAST
- Software free RAID configure: RAID 0, 1, Span, JBoD, SAFE 50/33
- Optional SteelVine Manager GUI to configure RAID mode
- Offer a balance between FAST and FAST with SAFE50/33
DIY and easy to use! You can have a RAID box with 3Gb/s and hardware RAID features, fully compatible with MAC, Windows, and Linux. eSU2-RD also allows OEMs and system integrators to offer price-sensitive solutions for small office and home use applications.
Users of the eSU2-RD can eliminate CPU loading by using the embedded RISC storage processor, which was developed by Silicon Image, and tuned for the needs of storage applications. This storage processor completely frees up the main CPU and provides the enhanced RAID modes.
eSU2-RD allows two SATA drives to be configured as reliable data mirroring, data performance striping, or just plain capacity expansion.
- Drives Locking - The eSU2-RD also features drive locking, which helps protect users' data by allowing them to password lock directly attached and cascaded drives. If a locked drive is detached from its assigned computer or cascade, the data on the drive will be inaccessible until it is reconnected and unlocked with the user-supplied password.
- Mirroring (RAID 1) — allows SATA hard drives to automatically copy primary hard drive without any CPU loading (typical 1% CPU resource). Our eSU2-RD provides automatic rebuild on SATA hard drive replacement and auto-failover to eliminate any workflow interruptions.
- Stripping (RAID 0) — allows the SATA hard drives to performance stripe, to provide maximum throughput to the direct-attached PC/Server.
- Spanning — allows SATA hard drives (same or different sizes) to appear as one large drive to the host, for extra capacity (also called concatenation).
- Dual Drive Mode — allows the SATA hard drives attached to PC/Server to see two drives.
- SAFE50/33 — creates TWO volume, but with 1/2 or 1/3 of space dedicated to RAID 1 and 1/2 or 2/3 to SPAN mode. This mode offers a balance between the protection of critical data and maximization of space for non-critical tasks.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.