Dual Thunderbolt rackmount 5x Drives HW Raid with LCD and DirectAir
RM5-T2 offers dual (2x) Thunderbolt port interface as to fit your need for a fast, protected, massive (up to 20TB) volume that transfers up to 260MB/sec sustain rate, and requires NO DRIVER in ANY OS such as Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, FreeNAS, Openfiler, and Mac
RM5-T2 - Key Features
- Dual Thunderbolt and optional USB3.0/2.0 | eSATA interfaces
- 48bit LBA per SATA port support HDD size > 2TB (4TB tested)
- Support Create/Delete RAID volume pass-word protect - prevent accidental delete Raid volume
- High available and high reliable configuration: RAID10/RAID3 or RAID5 with HOT SPARE
- Five SATA drives as Raid levels: 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 / SPAN (BIG) CLONE and JBoD (five individual drives)
- Very fast: RAID five up to 260MB/sec Read or Write (tested with 3/4TB HDD SATA III)
- Raid GUI or/and LCD display for easy control and management
- Built-in high performance RAID storage processor, PROM and SRAM for RAID engine
- New design with 90-230VAC featuring PFC and 80+ power supply
- Staggered drive spin up - Hard Disk (Activity/Failed) LED chassis function
- Email Notification of system status
- Automatic detect drive to rebuild degraded RAID
- S.M.A.R.T array monitoring for hard drive status and reliability
- Made in the U.S.A
DATOptic introduces the most high density short 1U (19 inches) rack mount support JBoD/RAID configuration with options of Thunderbolt |USB3.0/2.0| eSATA host interfaces. RM5-T2 offers a cost-effective, high reliability, and fast data transfer rate mass storage solution. Featuring Direct-Air tm technology to ensure years of service. RM5-T2 is a must have solution for applications that need FAST, HIGH RELIABILITY, and easy to manage storage.
As storage capacity requirements gets larger, data storage without drive fault tolerance implement, potential of lost data, down time and lost revenue become greater risks.
Our RM5-T2 is RAID5 capable, if a HDD fails and a new HDD is inserted the built-in RAID5 will able to reconstruct the BAD drive so the data stays intact.
RM5-T2 provides unparalleled and highly reliable protection of data for users, especially those who demand high transfer rate performance at a fraction of the cost.
The RM5-T2 not only provides a high reliable sustained data rate, protected data, but also very fast transfer rates! The graphs below show how well the RM5-T2 is able to handle a real life scenario.
DirectAir and Temperature Monitortm
With a great thermal issue consideration, uNAS incorporates DirectAir tmtechnology (patent-pending) to all SATA II hard drives in RAID 5 configuration to insure all the HDD temperatures stay within six (6) to eight (8) degree Celsius from room ambient, thus increasing the performance and extending hard drive life cycle.
Massive Protected Storage
Need 80TB of storage space with data protection? 4x RM5-eSU3systems combined with our eSATA-PCIX or eSATA-PCIe8 controller creates a massive, high performance, fully protected storage and unparalleled bandwidth 20Gbps. This can be done at a fraction of the cost. Call us for information!
Easy RAID management
RM5-T2system RAID management can be accessed in multiple ways:
- Intuitive LCD controller panel
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via Web GUI. This method allows both local and remote control, configured, monitor of RAID status.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, RM5-T2fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, using the LCD display to obtain the data or RAID GUI utility.
With little set up our RM5-T2 will able to send email notifications to multiple email addresses. Just enter the SMTP, email addresses and notification type then the Raid system will send the email accordingly.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
1U rack-mount with TBolt interfaces hardware Raid
|Contruction||Lightweight Steel, meets FCC/CE Class|
|Drive Bays||5x SATA 3.5" drives|
|Host Interface||1x eSATA @ 3Gbps with built in hardware Raid controller
|Cooling||DirectAir technology (tm)|
|Switch||Power ON/OFF x 1|
|Indicators||HDD Power x 1
HDD Data Access x 5
|Data Speed||Transfer rate up-to 300MB/s|
|O/S Supported||Any OS with eSATA, USB3.0 and Thunderbolt port|
|Dimensions||1U Rackmount (W x D x H): 19.0" x 18.5" x 1.75"|
|Weight||9 lbs/4.5 kg (without hard drives)|
|Power||Universal AC Voltage (115/230 VAC auto switch) 250W power supply|