Four SATA Bay RAID/JBOD 1U with eSATA
DAT Optic's RM4-eS is an eSATA high performance four SATA drive rackmount hardware RAID enclosure supports RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 10, HS, span, clone and JBoD modes for Mac, Windows, FreeBSD, Unix, Linux and Novell OS. A Stand-alone RAID box that requires NO Drivers or software to be installed.
- JBoD - Multiple drives*
- Requires eSATA host with Port Multiplier support
As low as $449.95
RM4-eS Key Features
- Can be dual host connections: eSATA
- Quiet, external RAID/JBoD four SATAI, II, III drives in tray-less, over rated PSU for years operation
- RAID stand-by from 00:01 to 03:00 time-out to save energy and increase MTBF NEW feature
- Supports RAID levels: 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 /HS/ JBoD /BIG (SPAN) CLONE in ANY OS
- DirectAir Technology - keep HDD's temperature low and prolong HDD life span
- Very fast: RAID 5 up to 265MB/sec Read or Write
- Built-in high performance RAID storage processor, PROM and SRAM for RAID engine
- No HDD size limitation, due to 48-bit LBA scheme
- Staggered drive spin up - Hard Disk (Activity/Failed) LED chassis function
- Email Notification of system, HDD S.M.A.R.T status
- Automatic detect drive to rebuild degraded RAID
- S.M.A.R.T array monitoring for hard drive status and reliability
As storage capacity requirements increase, using data storage without drive fault tolerance implemented increases the potential of lost data, down time and lost revenue. Our RM4-eS is a highly reliable protected hardware RAID 0/1/3/5/10 level, if a HDD fails and a new HDD is inserted, or a hot spare is available, the built-in RAID engine will reconstruct the BAD drive, while in service, so the data stays intact.
DAT Optic introduces a hardware 4 drives RAID, offering a cost-effective, highly reliable and fast data transfer rate RAID/JBOD solution. In a quiet over-kill 300W power supply tower coupling four SATAI, II, III tray-less bays featuring DirectAirtm technology with the eSATA host. RM4-eS is a must-have solution for application that needs FAST, HIGH RELIABILITY, SILENT and easy to manage storage.
For sensitive data, now end users can encrypt entire files volume with our RM4eS+TrueCrypt. Our RM4-eS has been tested with TrueCrypt in Linux, MAC and Windows. RM4-eS transfers over 200MB/sec with encrypted files, thanks to embedded I/O processor in our controller to minimize usage of host CPU.
To use TrueCrypt in MAC, Windows, and Linux please click here
High Performance and Easy to Use
RM4-eS provides unparalleled reliability and ease of use of protected data for users who demand high transfer rate performance at a fraction of the cost and no technical jargon.
Easy RAID Management
- RM4-eS system RAID management can be accessed in multiple ways:
- Hardware EZ set up within 30 sec
Install HDD into slots
Turn dial to desired function: RAID 1, 10, 5... (in the back of enclosure)
Press and hold change mode switch, while turning on power
When you hear a beep, release the change mode switch
Now you just created an array, initialized and formatted the RAID
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via RAID GUI. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, RM4-eS fully supports email notification and S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology.
Here is the report of a HDD based on S.M.A.R.T . These features also can be accessed with the use of its LCD display.
With RAID GUI, end users can specify an event, a warning, or a notification to be sent via specific email. Here is the email configuration screen:
Click "Next" to see Patterned New and Improved SATA connection.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
Four hot swap SATA hardware RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 10, clone, span(big) or JBoD (PM ware)
|Hard Drive Tray||Four SATA I, II hot swap bays|
|Host Connection Ports||eSATA @ 3.0Gbps|
|RAID Feature||Support JBoD and RAID functions
No drivers need for Mac, Windows, Linux, FreeNAS
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||1U rack mount, less than 15in deep|
AC universal jack
4x SATA hot swap trays, Act and Link LED pins
|Power Requirement||AC 100~240V, 47~63Hz, 150W|
- 1x RM4_eS Enclosure