RAID0/1/ JBoD Controller Direct Attached Driver-Less (RAID Mirror Retain Data)
Driverless ==> easy to use
SATAIII (6Gb) RAID1 ==> best for SAFE and FAST SSD BOOT drive solution (retain data)
SATAIII (6Gb) RAID0 ==> best for speed BOOT drive solution - 500M+B/s
- Provides 4 hardware modes:
- RAID 0 (Striping): for two disks with same capacity
- RAID 1 (Mirroring): for two disks with same capacity - caoable of retain data from an existing hard drive
- JBoD (Spanning): for two disks with different capacity
- Normal (Dual Lun): Non-RAID - SATA host must support Port Multiplier
- Support SATA I, II, III HDD SSD and even ODD in JBoD mode
- Boot-able in ANY OS due to driver-less feature
- Support ANY size of HDD up to 64TB, due to 48bit LBA address
DIY RAID0/1 can not be easier than this! You can have a RAID0/1 (retain data mirror) volume @ 6Gb/s bandwidth and completely independent from your system OS, hardware RAID features, fully compatible with MAC, Windows, Linux or ANY OS that supports SATAI, II and III. Here is how:
To configure the raid with existing data. There are TWO ways - hardware OR Software GUI
Hardware without suing RAID GUI- Connect ONLY HDD with data to the controller and connect the Host port to system SATA host port
- Set the jumper to RAID1 (mirror) - pin 3-4
- Power ON the controller, wait for 15 seconds
- Press and hold SW1 for at least 3 seconds
- The connected HDD now is RAID1 member
- Connect the blank HDD to D port of controller ( remember connect the power to this drive)
- Power on the system - your RAID should be rebuild in seconds and your data also accessible
Using GUI for Mac and Windows OS download here:
Mac OS: Mac GUI
Windows OS Windows GUI
To use this mode, there should be a jumper between 5-6 pins
- Connect ONLY HDD with data to the controller and connect the Host port to system SATA host port
- Run the RAID GUI, create RAID mirror with the GUI
- Hot connect the blank HDD to the controller, RAID will rebuild in seconds, while it rebuild your data still accessible
Note: recommend to use our MR105F (trayless HDD) - http://www.datoptic.com/ec/sata-tray-less-fan-mobile-rack.html for easy remove HDD as back up, archive...
Users of the S3-DS3RA can eliminate host CPU resource loading by using S3-DS3RA
S3-DS3RA allows two SATAI, II or III drives to be configured as reliable data mirroring, data performance striping, or just plain capacity expansion, that connect to host @ 6Gbps
With an LED wire - See Option, use can easily detect the BAD drive or simple login download-able in RAID GUI in support tab
- Mirroring (RAID 1) — allows SATA hard drives to automatically copy primary hard drive without any CPU loading (typical 1% CPU resource). Our U3-DS3RA provides automatic rebuild on SATA hard drive replacement and auto-failover to eliminate any workflow interruptions.
- Stripping (RAID 0) — allows the SATA hard drives to performance stripe, to provide maximum throughput to the directly attached PC/Server.
- Spanning — allows SATA hard drives (same or different sizes) to appear as one large drive to the host, for extra capacity (also called concatenation).
- Dual Drive Mode — allows the SATA hard drives attached to PC/Server to see two drives.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
Dual SATA I, II or III Drive RAID0/1/BID or JBoD to SATAIII host
|Hard Drive Port||1x 7+15 direct SATA connect = 1x device and 1x host L type connectors|
|Form Factor||Direct connect to SSD or 2.5/3.5 HDD|
|Host Connection Ports||SATA 6.0Gbps|
|Chipset||AsMedai 1092 Dual SATAIII Drive RAID chipset|
|RAID Modes||BIG - SPAN
RAID 0 - FAST
RAID 1 - SAFE
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||2(D) x 3(W) x 1(H)|
2x SATA L type
4-pin power connector x 1
SATA drives, Act and Link LED pins
Rotary switch to configure RAID mode
One button back up pins
|Power Requirement||5V and 12VDC with Floppy connector|
|Package Contents||S3-DS3RA bridge board|
Q Can I make a RAID 1 array with an existing drive with data and a blank drive and still retain the data from the first drive? I need something like the S3-DS3RA, but I also need Error LEDs for each drive to indicate which one has failed?
A S3-DS3RA does not have all the LED built-in, but you use the LED wire option to have LED indication
Q Can this support 5TB drives?
A Yes, it supports 48bit LBA, we tested with 4, 5, 6, 8TB HDD and it works