Thunderbolt 2 Twelve (12) Tray-less Bay SAS | SATA JBOD Quiet Tower For Mac, Linux, and Windows
DAT Optic's 12 tray-less bay (save time & money) Thunderbolt 3 & Thunderbolt 2 JBOD configuration fully support software RAID or reFS, ZFS in Linux, Mac OS 10.12.x and later and Windows 10 and later. Daisy Chain to 256 hard drives with SAS protocol or 6x Thunderbolt devices to create a massive storage.
This item has been discontinued. Please refer to replacement item T12-SSJ.TB3.
As low as $1,378.95
T12-SSJ.TB2 - Key Features
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 (20Gb) port system
- SAS | SATA III/SSD HBA Host - Eight individual drives, compatible with all software RAID.
- 48bit LBA - Support hard drive as large as 64TB, tested with 12TB HDD
- Supports software in Mac, Linux, and Windows, including ZFS, ReFS...
- Fully support Mac and Window OS in JBOD mode with SAS and or SATA drive
- Fully support hot swap drive in tray-less fashion to save time and money
- Eight tray-less SATA | SAS | SSD JBOD; eight individual drives.
- Support ZFS, JBOD or ReFS in Mac or Windows
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ, and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- Made in Garden Grove, California, USA
Introducing the latest Thunderbolt 3 desktop tower series, DATOptic's T12-SSJ.TB2 is a turn-key twelve (12) bay SAS or SATA/SSD JBOD thunderbolt system, ready to deploy in a compact, quiet tower. A perfect hardware solution for a reliable, fast, versatile, portable and low-cost thunderbolt series data storage as JBOD, ZFS or ReFS system with HOT PLUG supported.
- Three SSD as RAID0 for fast access up to 1200MB/s and Two 10TB SATAIII as RAID1 for back up and three hot-swap JBOD drives for switching out HDD of data processing
- High Availability / Resilient File Systems - set up as Mac's ZFS, Windows's Re-FS, or Linux's ZFS
With a direct connection to system host via Thunderbolt 2 (20Gb/s) bidirectional high performance I/O, T12-SSJ.TB2 provides unparalleled, high reliability, high performance of ZFS, ReFS, or software RAID volume for users who demand enterprise-class performance. T12-SSJ.TB2 not only provides a highly reliable sustained data rate of over 40Gb/sec bandwidth but a massive data storage space, 256x HDD in discrimination size via SAS option.
Finally, HDD manufacturers agree to a universal connectivity of SATA/SAS HDD, where SSCI or IDE/ATA this never happen due to the location of connection was anywhere but the same place. Take advantage of SATA/SAS specification a tray-less is realized to save time and money, To replace an HDD is in seconds instead of minutes due to finding tool.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Mac OS driver 10.12 ~ 10.13 Here
- Windows drivers - Windows 10/Server 2016 - 64/32 bit
- Must use Linux Kernel 4.13 with Ubuntu 18.04 & 17.10
- Quick Install Guide - Here
- How to install and create RAID in Mac - Here
- Video: How to install and create RAID in Windows - Here
- 1x T12-SSJ.TB3 - Quiet, compact Thunderbolt 3 twelve (12) tray-less bay
- 1x 0.5 Meter Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1x TB3 to TB2 adapter bi-directional adapter
- 1x Set of AC cord, tray keys, Quick Guide
|Part Number||Thunderbolt 2 Twelve tray-less bay SATA | SAS* JBOD quiet tower for Linux, Mac, and Windows|
|Physical Mount Space||12x Quiet tower 12x tray-less bay ( lockable)|
|Operating System||Windows 10 and later, Mac 10.12.x & Linux later|
|Support RAID||Non -RAID configured, Just JBOD - TWELVE (12) individual drives in your system, use as any way you want: Software RAID, ZFS...|
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interface||2x Thunderbolt 2 port|
|Cooling||2 Modular 75 x 75 x 28 mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||18.0 (D) x .7.5 (W) x 17.5 (H) in|
|Warranty||Without Any HDD populated - Two Years
Purchased with Enterprise HDD bundle, get FREE FIVE years manufacturer limited warranty
Purchased with Desktop HDD bundle, get FREE THREE years manufacturer limited warranty
|Power Supply||400W RAID edition Power supply
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz
Redundant 1+1 (Optional) - This is not a quiet option