Thunderbolt 3 1U Rack mount RAID, 12G back-plane, built in rail, 15 inches depth
Introducing DATOptic's RM4-S12.TB3, a 1U short rackmount Thunderbolt 3 four bay, feature hot-swap SATA | SSD | SAS, fully support 12Gb SAS, expandable to eight (8) drive*. Support RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60 Hot Spare in Linux, Windows 10 or, Mac OS 10.12.x and later. Available in 0.0TB, 8TB, 12TB, 16TB, 24TB, 32TB, 40TB models
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 (40Gb) port system (connect-able to Thunderbolt 2/1) systems, via bi-directional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter included
- Raid Engine with Dual Core RAID-on-Chip 1.2GHz, 1GB onboard DDR3-1600 SDRAM with ECC
- 48bit LBA - Support hard drive as large as 64TB, tested with 6TB, 8TB, 10TB and 12TB
- Support SAS 12Gb | SATA III | SSD - SSD may be required a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter
- Supports hardware RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 + hot spare in Mac, Linux and Windows
- Array roaming - Move RAID to a different system without the rebuild
- Supports Multiple RAID/JBOD Array volumes.
- Schedule-able with idle time trigger scheme to perform volume check, ensure top-notch data integrity.
- Online capacity expansion & RAID level migration simultaneously
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ, and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- SMTP support for email notification. SNMP agent support for remote SNMP Manager
- Support SAS HDD and expandable up to 256 drives with SAS Option selected
- Daisy chain up to six RM4-S12.TB3 for a MASSIVE data storage
- Made in Garden Grove, California, USA
RM4-S12.TB3 is a short 14 inches short 1U rackmount., a turn-key four (4) bay, fully support SAS 12Gb, SATA III and/or SSD without HDD size limited currently, using 48bits LBA, our Thunderbolt RAID rackmount chassis can use HDD as large as 64TB. , Supporting RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and hot spare based on Dual Core RAID-on-Chip 1.2GHz and 1GB onboard DDR3-1600 SDRAM with ECC
Applications With a bandwidth data transfer rate up to 40Gb, and enterprise RAID features, our RM4-S12.TB3 is a MUST have data storage for high-performance applications 4k/6K editing, data mining, database servers, streaming server. With SSD installed RM4-S12.TB3 is a perfect virtual server
With the latest firmware (1.54 or later), our thunderbolt RAID supports Self-Encrypting Disks (SED) for protection of data against loss or theft. Protection is achieved by the use of encryption technology on the drives. The McRAID storage management allows SED keys to be created and managed as well as create/delete RAID sets.
Let you secure your data with ease. A must-have feature for confidential data. All SED functions are integrated into the intuitive and user-friendly McRAID manager interface for easy access.
With the direct connection to system host via Thunderbolt 3 40Gb/s bidirectional high performance I/O, RM4-S12.TB3 provides unparalleled high reliability of data protection for users who demand enterprise-class performance. RM4-S12-TB3 not only provides a highly reliable sustained data rate over 40Gb/sec bandwidth, and support spin down drives when not in use to extend service life, including automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity ReadyCan our tower connect and work with Thunderbolt 2 system? Yes, of course! our Thunderbolt 3 is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 2, to make thing easy and ready, our RM4-S12-TB3 tower comes with a Bidirectional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter 100% hot plug hot-remove support.
Easy RAID Management
RM4-S12.TB3 utilizes built-in firmware with an embedded terminal emulation which can be accessed via hotkey at BIOS booting screen (PC platform) locally or remotely accessed via HTTP proxy and/or IP address.
- Hotkey at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot manager utility can be used to simplify the setup and management of the RAID configuration (PC x86 Platform).
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via a Web browser through the Http Proxy server functions in MAC and Windows. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via a Web browser through the IP address. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, RM4-S12.TB3 fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, and email notification. Our RM4-S12.TB3 can notify by email up to four email addresses on any predefined event, even just a daily report of the RAID itself. This certainly will take out the guesswork and uncertainty about the storage Raid array.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
Manual, Drivers, Download-able
Mac Drivers, Utility
Windows Drivers, Utility
Linux Drivers, Utility
Short Thunderbolt 3 eight (8) bay 12Gb/s SAS | SATA | SSD bay RAID 0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60 with hot spare in 15 in depth rack
|Physical Mount Space||15 inches short 1U rack mount 4x 3.5" slots with 12Gb Back plane|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
|Support RAID||RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50 and 60 with hot-spare
Multiple RAID volumes, hot-swap tray
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interfac||Dual 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports simultaneous bi-directional|
|Cooling||2x Modular 75 x 75 x 28 mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||TWO 1U dim. 15 in<d) x="" 19.5(w)="" 1.75(h)="" in<="" td=""></d)>|
|Warranty||Populated Entreprise HDD - Five years manufacture limited warranty
Populated Desktop HDD - Three years manufacture limited warranty
|Power Supply||150W Raid edition Power supply
Active Power Factor Conrrection
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz