Thunderbolt 3 Four Bay 15 in Short 1U Rackmount, expandable to eight SSD* | SATA | 12g SAS HW RAID, Rails Included
Thunderbolt 3 Eight Bay 15 in Short two 1U Rackmount SSD* | SATA | 12Gb SAS HW RAID, Rails Included
The unrivaled portable Thunderbolt 3 enclosure
Introducing DATOptic's RM8S-S12.TB3, available in Thunderbolt 3 a turn-key eight (8) hot-swap SAS | SATA (12Gb) bay/drive in two quiet short 2x 1U rackmount raid system (15 inches) depth, including rack mount rail supports RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD in Windows10, Mac OS 10.12.x and later supported.
To use with Thunderbolt 2 us, all you need is a TB3 to TB2 adapter from Apple. (Optional)
As low as $1,769.00
RM8S-S12.TB3 - Key Features
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 (40Gb) ports support Windows 10, Linux, Mac 10.8.x and later
- Eight drive in TWO quiet 1U rack mount 15 inches in depth (short rack mount)
- Bootable drive via Thunderbolt on Apple Thunderbolt-capable machine.
- Thunderbolt 3 to 12Gb/s SAS / SATA HDD, support combine chassis for large storage requirements
- Supports hardware RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60. JBoD and hot spare in Windows 10, Mac OS 10.8.x and later
- Thunderbolt high performance I/O technology, simultaneous bi-directional, 40Gb/s transfers over a single cable
- Array roaming - Move RAID to a different system without a rebuild
- Supports Multiple RAID/JBOD Array volumes
- Online capacity expansion & RAID level migration simultaneously
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- SMTP support for email notification
- SNMP agent support for remote SNMP Manager
- Made in CA - USA
Introducing the latest rack mount series. DAT Optic's RM8S-S12.TB3 is the turn-key Thunderbolt 3 Eight (8) bay SAS | SATA (12Gb) JBod/Raid system in two 1U racks with 15 inches depth - rail included chassis, ready to deploy supporting RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6,10/50/60/JBoD and hot spare based on world famous ARECA Raid engine, high performance of Intel IOP348 800MHz for RAID core and 256MB DDR2 cache.
With direct connect to system host via Thunderbolt 3 bidirectional high performance I/O, RM8S-S12.TB3 provides unparalleled high reliability of data protection for users who demand enterprise-class performance. RM8-S12-TB3-S not only provides a high reliable sustained data rate over 40Gb/sec bandwidth, and support spin down drives when not in use to extend service life (MAID), including automatic drive insertion / removal detection and rebuilding
Easy RAID Management
RM8S-S6.TB3 utilizes built-in firmware with an embedded terminal emulation which can be accessed via hot key at BIOS booting screen (PC platform) locally or remotely accessed via http proxy and/or IP address.
- Hot key at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot manager utility can be used to simplify the setup and management of the RAID configuration (PC x86 Platform).
- RAID setup and management can be accessed via the Web browser through the Http Proxy server functions in MAC and Windows. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
- RAID setup and management can be accessed via the Web browser through the IP address. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, RM8S-S6.TB3 fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, and email notification. Our RM8S-S6.TB3 can notify by email up to four email addresses on any predefined event, even just a daily report of the RAID itself. This certainly will take out the guesswork and uncertainty about the storage Raid array.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Mac OS driver Mac OS X 10.9 ~ 10.11 / macOS 10.12 ~ 10.14
- Mac OS driver mac OS X 10.6 ~ 10.8
- Windows drivers - Windows 10/Server 2016 - 64bit
- Windows drivers - Windows 8/Server 2012/7/2008R2/2008/Vista/Server 2003/XP (64-bit)
- Windows drivers - Windows 8/7/2008/Vista/Server 2003 (32-bit)
*This version included Storport driver, WHQL Certified.
- Windows drivers - Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Utility - McRAID Utility
- Must use Linux Kernel 4.13 with Ubuntu 18.04 & 17.10
- Quick Install Guide - Here
- How to install and create RAID in Mac - Here
- Video: How to install and create RAID in Windows - Here
Short Thunderbolt 3 eight (8) bay 12Gb/s SAS | SATA | SSD bay RAID 0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60 with hot spare in 15 in depth rack
|Physical Mount Space||Dual 15 inches short 1U rack mount 8x 3.5" slots with 12Gb Back plane|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows|
|Support RAID||RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50 and 60 with hot-spare
Multiple RAID volumes, hot-swap tray
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interfac||Dual 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports simultaneous bi-directional|
|Cooling||2x Modular 75 x 75 x 28 mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||TWO 1U dim. 15 in|
|Warranty||Populated Entreprise HDD - Five years manufacture limited warranty
Populated Desktop HDD - Three years manufacture limited warranty
|Power Supply||2x 150W Raid edition Power supply
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz