Thunderbolt 3 Five (5) Tray-less bay JBOD tower with host: 1x eSATA, 2x USB 3.1 port support Mac, Linux and Windows
Thunderbolt 3 Eight (8) Trayless SATA/SAS JBOD Compatible With Linux, Mac, and Windows Quiet Tower
Introducing DAT Optic's T8C-SSJ.TB3, the FIRST eight bay SATA and/or SAS drive, tray-less JBOD with dual Thunderbolt 3 port and Display ports. Fully support hot-swap, plug and play in tray-less fashion to save time and money.
Compatible Linux, Window 10/Server 2016, and Mac 10.12.x and later.
As low as $1,049.95
T8C-SSJ.TB3 - Key Features
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 (40Gb) port system (connect-able to Thunderbolt 2/1) systems, via bi-directional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (Sold separately)
- SAS | SATA III/SSD HBA Host - Eight individual drives, compatible with all software RAID.
- 48bit LBA - Support hard drive as large as 64TB, tested with 8TB, 10TB and 12TB SSD
- Supports software in Mac, Linux, and Windows, including ZFS, ReFS...
- Fully support Mac and Window OS in JBOD mode with SAS and or SATA drive
- Fully support hot swap drive in tray-less fashion to save time and money
- Eight tray-less SATA | SAS | SSD JBOD; eight individual drives.
- Support ZFS, JBOD or ReFS in Mac or Windows
- Dual (2) Thunderbolt 3 ports - daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt devices or 2x 4K display or 1x 5K display or USB3.1 Gen 2 (10Gb/s)
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ, and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- Made in Garden Grove, California, USA
Introducing the latest Thunderbolt 3 desktop tower series, DATOptic's T8C-SSJ.TB3 is a turn-key eight (8) bay SAS or SATA/SSD JBOD thunderbolt system, ready to deploy in a compact, quiet tower. A perfect hardware solution for a reliable, fast, versatile, portable and low-cost thunderbolt series data storage as JBOD, ZFS or ReFS system with HOT PLUG supported.
- Three SSD as RAID0 for fast access up to 1200MB/s and Two 10TB SATAIII as RAID1 for back up and three hot-swap JBOD drives for switching out HDD of data processing
- High Availability / Resilient File Systems - set up as Mac's ZFS, Windows's Re-FS, or Linux's ZFS
With a direct connection to system host via Thunderbolt 3 (40Gb/s) bidirectional high performance I/O, T8C-SSJ.TB3 provides unparalleled, high reliability, high performance of ZFS, ReFS, or software RAID volume for users who demand enterprise-class performance. T8C-SSJ.TB3 not only provides a highly reliable sustained data rate of over 40Gb/sec bandwidth but a massive data storage space, 256x HDD in discrimination size via SAS option.
Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity Ready
Can our tower connect and work with Thunderbolt 2 system? Yes, of course! our Thunderbolt 3 is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 2, to make thing easy and ready, our T8C-SSJ.TB3 tower comes with a Bidirectional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter 100% hot plug hot-remove support.
Finally, HDD manufacturers agree to a universal connectivity of SATA/SAS HDD, where SSCI or IDE/ATA this never happen due to the location of connection was anywhere but the same place. Take advantage of SATA/SAS specification a tray-less is realized to save time and money, To replace an HDD is in seconds instead of minutes due to finding tool.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Mac OS driver 10.12 ~ 10.13 Here
- Windows drivers - Windows 10/Server 2016 - 64/32 bit
- Must use Linux Kernel 4.13 with Ubuntu 18.04 & 17.10
- Quick Install Guide - Here
- How to install and create RAID in Mac
- Video: How to install and create RAID in Windows - Here
- 1x T8C-SSJ.TB3 - JBOD Thunderbolt 3 eight bay SAS / SATA / SSD compact and quiet
- 1x 0.5 Meter Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 1x TB3 to TB2 adapter bi-directional adapter
- 1x Set of AC cord, tray keys, Quick Guide
Thunderbolt 3 eight (8) tray-less bay SAS | SATA and or SSD with JBoD in quiet and compact desktop
|Physical Mount Space||Eight 3.5" tray-less SAS/SATA/SSD*|
|Operating System||Mac 10.12 or later , Windows 10 or later|
|Support RAID||Hot plug JBoD and Software RAID
Scale-able up to 128 drives (SAS Option)
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interface||Dual 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3|
|Cooling||1x 80mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||13.0 (D) x 7.25 (W) x 11.0 (H) in|
|Warranty||Populated Entreprise HDD - Five years manufacture limited warranty
Populated Desktop HDD - Three years manufacture limited warranty
|Power Supply||300W RAID edition Power supply
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz