Thunderbolt 3 Four Bay 15 in Short 1U Rackmount, expandable to eight SSD* | SATA | 12g SAS HW RAID, Rails Included
Introducing DATOptic's RM4E-S12.TB3 a four-bay 1U rackmount, hot-swap SATA | SSD | 12Gb SAS, expandable to eight (8) drive by adding a 1U JBOD four bay RM4-S12 rack mount anytime in the future. Support RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60 Hot Spare Linux, Windows 10 or , Mac OS 10.12.x and later
To use Thunderbolt 2, please sleect the option below with TB3 to TB2 adapter from Apple ttps://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMEL2AM/
As low as $1,399.00
RM4E-S12.TB3 - Key Features
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 (40Gb) ports support Windows 10, Mac 10.8.x and later
- Connect able to Thunderbolt 1 & 2 via TB3 to TB 2 adapter from Apple - Option (OS must be 10.12 or later)
- Expandable to eight drive anytime in the future - a 1U JBOD RM4-S12 required
- Bootable drive via Thunderbolt on Apple Thunderbolt-capable machine.
- Thunderbolt 3/2/1 to four 12Gb/s SAS / SATA HDD, SSD expandable to 8 drives ready for large or faster storage requirements in future
- Supports hardware RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60, hot spare in Windows 10, Mac OS 10.8.x and later
- Thunderbolt high performance I/O technology, simultaneous bi-directional, 40Gb/s transfers over a single cable
- Array roaming - Move RAID to the different system without the rebuild
- Supports Multiple RAID/JBOD Array volumes
- Online capacity expansion & RAID level migration simultaneously
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives
- SMTP support for email notification
- SNMP agent support for remote SNMP Manager
- Made in CA - USA with some imported parts
Introducing the latest rack mount series. DAT Optic's RM4E-S12.TB3 is Thunderbolt 3 / 2 / 1 Four bay SATA | SAS 12Gb Raid system, expandable to 8 drives anytime in the future in 1U rack mount with 15 inches depth - rail included chassis, ready to deploy supporting RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6,10/50/60/JBoD and hot spare based on world famous ARECA Raid engine, high performance of high-performance Dual Core RAID-on-Chip 1.2GHz and 1GB onboard DDR3-1600 SDRAM with ECC.
Can our tower connect and work with Thunderbolt 2 system? Yes, of course! our Thunderbolt 3 is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 2, to make thing easy and ready, our Thunderbolt 3 RAID / JBOD tower or rackmount comes with Bidirectional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter 100% hot plug hot-remove support
Expandable RM4E-S12.TB3 designed to be a future and existing compatible, our Thunderbolt RM4E-S12.TB3 can be used in Thunderbolt 1, Thunderbolt 2 with included TB3 to TB2 adapter from Apple to ensure the user can use in older Mac System and capable of expanding up to 8 drive in anytime by adding an additional 1U RM4-S12 JBOD rack to either growing the existing volume or increase the transfer rate.
With a direct connection to system host via Thunderbolt 3 /2 / 1 bidirectional high performance I/O, RM4E-S12.TB3 provides unparalleled high reliability of data protection for users who demand enterprise-class performance. RM4E-S12-TB3 not only provides a highly reliable sustained data rate over 40Gb/sec bandwidth, and support spin down drives when not in use to extend service life (MAID), including automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
Easy RAID Management
RM4E-S12.TB3 utilizes built-in firmware with an embedded terminal emulation which can be accessed via hot key at BIOS booting screen (PC platform) locally or remotely accessed via http proxy and/or IP address.
- Hot key at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot manager utility can be used to simplify the setup and management of the RAID configuration (PC x86 Platform).
- RAID setup and management can be accessed via the Web browser through the Http Proxy server functions in MAC and Windows. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
- RAID setup and management can be accessed via the Web browser through the IP address. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, RM4E-S12.TB3 fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, and email notification. Our RM4E-S12.TB3 can notify by email up to four email addresses on any predefined event, even just a daily report of the RAID itself. This certainly will take out the guesswork and uncertainty about the storage Raid array.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Mac OS driver Mac OS X 10.9 ~ 10.11 / macOS 10.12 ~ 10.14
- Mac OS driver mac OS X 10.6 ~ 10.8
- Windows drivers - Windows 10/Server 2016 - 64bit
- Windows drivers - Windows 8/Server 2012/7/2008R2/2008/Vista/Server 2003/XP (64-bit)
- Windows drivers - Windows 8/7/2008/Vista/Server 2003 (32-bit)
*This version included Storport driver, WHQL Certified.
- Windows drivers - Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Utility - McRAID Utility
- Must use Linux Kernel 4.13 with Ubuntu 18.04 & 17.10
- Quick Install Guide - Here
- How to install and create RAID in Mac - Here
- Video: How to install and create RAID in Windows - Here
Short Thunderbolt 3 eight (8) bay 12Gb/s SAS | SATA | SSD bay RAID 0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60 with hot spare in 15 in depth rackmount
|Physical Mount Space||Dual 15 inches short 1U rack 4 bay mount ready to expand to eight 3.5" slots with 12Gb Backplane|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows. Linux|
|Support RAID||RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50 and 60 with hot-spare
Multiple RAID volumes, hot-swap tray
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interface||Dual 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports simultaneous bi-directional|
|Cooling||2x Modular 75 x 75 x 28 mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||TWO 1U dim. 15 in|
|Warranty||Populated Enterprise HDD - Five years manufacturer limited warranty
Populated Desktop HDD - Three years manufacturer limited warranty
|Power Supply||2x 150W Raid edition Power supply
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz