Thunderbolt 3 Four Tray-Less SAS (12Gb) /SATA III Support RAID with LCD Control For Mac, Windows And Linux
Thunderbolt 3 Sixteen (16) 2.5 in tray-less bay
The unrivaled portable Thunderbolt 3 enclosure
Introducing DATOptic's P16-S6.TB3, a Portable turn-key Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports (upgrade-able to TB3) - with sixteen (16) hot swap SAS | SATA | SSD bay/drive tray-less with quiet tower feature hardware RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5 , 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBoD for Mac, Windows.
Of course, with SAS options you can daisy chain up to 1024 drives - for more info please contact us.
As low as $1,799.95
P16-S6.TB3 - Key Features
- Dual Thunderbolt 3 (40Gb) port system (connect-able to Thunderbolt 2/1) systems, via bi-directional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (Optional)
- Raid Engine with ARM_based 933MHz storage processor, 1GB onboard DDR3-933 SDRAM with ECC protection
- 48bit LBA - Support hard drive as large as 64TB, tested with 2TB SSD
- Supports hardware RAID level 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 + hot spare in Mac, Linux, and Windows
- RAID array roaming - Move RAID to a different system without the rebuild
- Supports Multiple RAID/JBOD Array volumes
- Schedule-able with idle time trigger scheme to perform volume check, ensure top-notch data integrity
- Online capacity expansion & RAID level migration simultaneously
- Automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding
- Support S.M.A.R.T, NCQ, and OOB staggered spin-up capable drives SMTP support for email notification
- SNMP agent support for remote SNMP Manager Support SAS 3 (12Gb) HDD and expandable up to 1024 drives with SAS Option selected
- Daisy chain up to six Thunderbolt device/system or a MASSIVE and hyper-fast data storage
- Made in USA with some imported parts
With the direct connection to system host via Thunderbolt 3 40Gb/s bidirectional high performance I/O, P16-S6.TB3 provides unparalleled high reliability of data protection for users who demand enterprise-class performance. P16-S6.TB3 not only provides a highly reliable sustained data rate over 40Gb/sec bandwidth, and support spin down drives when not in use to extend service life, including automatic drive insertion/removal detection and rebuilding.
Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity Ready
Can our tower connect and work with Thunderbolt 2 system? Yes, of course! our Thunderbolt 3 is fully compatible with Thunderbolt 2, to make thing easy and ready, our P16-S6.TB3 tower comes with a Bidirectional Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter 100% hot plug hot-remove support.
Finally, HDD manufacturers agree to a universal connectivity of SATA/SAS HDD, where SSCI or IDE/ATA this never happen due to the location of connection was anywhere but the same place. Take advantage of SATA/SAS specification a tray-less is realized to save time and money, To replace an HDD is in seconds instead of minutes due to finding tool
Easy RAID Management
P16-S6.TB3 utilizes built-in firmware with an embedded terminal emulation which can be accessed via hotkey at BIOS booting screen (PC/Linux platform) locally or remotely accessed via HTTP proxy and/or IP address.
- A hotkey at BIOS boot-up screen. This pre-boot manager utility can be used to simplify the setup and management of the RAID configuration (PC x86 Platform)
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via a Web browser through the Http Proxy server functions in MAC and Windows. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status
- RAID set up and management can be accessed via a Web browser through the IP address. This method allows both local and remote control, configuration, and monitoring of RAID status
Schedule-able volume check based on your demand to ensure volume integrity as the hight possible, If you ever worry about a rotten data bit, this is the cure
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, P16-S6.TB3 fully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology, and email notification. Our P16-S6.TB3 can notify by email up to four email addresses on any predefined event, even just a daily report of the RAID itself. This certainly will take out the guesswork and uncertainty about the storage Raid array.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
- Mac OS driver Mac OS X 10.9 ~ 10.11 / macOS 10.12 ~ 10.14
- Mac OS driver mac OS X 10.6 ~ 10.8
- Windows drivers - Windows 10/Server 2016 - 64bit
- Windows drivers - Windows 8/Server 2012/7/2008R2/2008/Vista/Server 2003/XP (64-bit)
- Windows drivers - Windows 8/7/2008/Vista/Server 2003 (32-bit)
*This version included Storport driver, WHQL Certified.
- Windows drivers - Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Utility - McRAID Utility
- Must use Linux Kernel 4.13 with Ubuntu 18.04 & 17.10
- Quick Install Guide - Here
- How to install and create RAID in Mac - Here
- Video: How to install and create RAID in Windows - Here
Thunderbolt 3 sixteen (16) 2.5 in tray-less bay SAS* | SATA (6Gb) and/or SSD bay RAID 0/1/3/5/6/10/50/60+HS in smallest footprint and quiet tower
|Physical Mount Space||Quiet tray-less tower sixteen SAS / SATA / SSD 2.5" slots|
|Operating System||Mac, Windows or any OS support Thunderbolt|
|Support RAID||RAID 0, 1, 10, 3, 5, 6, 50 and 60 with hot-spare
Multiple RAID volumes, hot-swap tray
Online expansion, raid level migrate
|LED Display (Tray)||Green - Power on indicator
Blue - Busy (HDD Accessing) indicator
|LED Display (Chassis)||FAN normal – Green; fail – Red (too slow RPM or stopped)
TEMP normal – Green; over 55°C – Red
|Host Interface||2x 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 ports simultaneous bi-directional and daisy chain-able|
|Cooling||1x 80 x 80 x 25 mm Blowers|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||(WxHxD) in: 7.25 x 11 x 13|
|Warranty||Populated Enterprise HDD - Five years manufacturer limited warranty
Populated Notebook HDD - Three years manufacturer limited warranty
|Power Supply||300W Raid edition Power supply
Input: 90 – 230 VAC 50- 60 Hz