eSATA And USB3.0 Host To 5x SATA Feature Hardware RAID/JBoD Controller
It is designed to be a stand-alone RAID array which supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/SPAN/CLONE and JBoD (Port Multiplier), 100% hardware independent from OS (driverless) with multiple interfaces. This controller offers data protection, transfer aggregation, email notification, ease of use, no compatibility issues in various applications in MAC, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD...
U3eS-RM - Key Features
- Five (5) SATA port hardware RAID controller, no drivers required
- OS independent Hardware RAID with email notification
- Supports RAID levels: 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 / SPAN / Clone and JBoD (Port Multiplier)
- RAID Manager GUI Utility to configure and monitor the status of the disks connected on RAID controller in Mac, Windows and Linux
- Supports Hot Spare on RAID3/5
- Supports HDD greater than 2TB and RAID volume can be up to 15.0TB (use 3TB)
- Supports Multiple RAID (Configured as Multiple Volume RAID)*
- Rebuild speed: 200GB/hour @ RAID5, 400GB/hour @ RAID1/10
- eSATA and USB3.0/USB2.0 host connection regardless of operating system
U3eS-RM uses market-proven Multi-port Serial ATA PHY technology and a proprietary storage processor to provide very highly efficient, stand-alone SATA RAID operations - driverless, no software installation required.
Easy configuration scheme with one push of a button, the device can function as a pure port multiplier - Just a Bunch of Drive (JBoD*) - which provides SATA port expansion just like a SATA Hub, or a hardware RAID controller with performance booster which requires NO Driver to load on ANY OS: MAC, Windows, Linux, UNIX, FreeBSD...You can configure FIVE drives as RAID0, 2x RAID1, RAID10+HS, RAID3, RAID5, RAID3+HS, RAID5+HS, BIG (SPAN), CLONE (5x identical drives).
Call us if there is a special configuration that you may need.
U3eS-RM has a self-contained storage processor chip which completely frees up the host system CPU loading and whose SATA ports comply with SATA II specification, making it suitable for use in both internal systems and external storage applications where no technical knowledge is required.
With dual host eSATA and USB3.0, ourU3eS-RM controller can be easily integrated into a external storage box capable of hot plug to high speed host like eSATA and USB3.0 (5.0Gbps) which supports HDD greater than 2.0TB.
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
* Requires Port Multiplier Host like our eSATA card.
SPM394 Over View
Hardware RAID5 SATA Port Multiplier Controller with LCD Module
|Peripherals||Up to Five (5) SATA (Serial ATA) drive|
|Operating System||Windows, Linux, and MAC - no driver required|
|Interface||Compathible with SATA I, II,III - not support SAS drive|
|Host Interface||SATA or eSATA|
|Operating Temperature||0o C to 50o C|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Connectors||SATA connector x 5 (hard drive)
SATA connector x 1 (host)
4-pin floppy power connector x 1
|Power Requirement||5V/DC; 250ma ~ 500mA|
|Package Contents||SPM394 Board|
Q How do you physically connect this card to a Mac Pro tower? PCIe card?
A Mount this controller with our PCI-SCSI bracket, add a PCIE eSATA card from our PCIe non-RAID controller