USB3.0 / ESATA Four SATA Tray-Less JBoD/RAID5/3 Enclosure
An eSATA and USB 3.0 enclosure that offers hardware RAID0, 1, 3, 5, 10, Clone, Span, and JBoD modes with tray-less bay feature.
The DAT Optic qBOX-eSU3 is a true stand-alone four tray less bay, and quiet enclosure that allows customers to configure installed HDD as JBoD, RAID5, 3, 10, 0, 1, clone, and BIG in seconds via a dip switches or an intuitive RAID manager GUI. A perfect high speed mass storage - up storage solution for creative professionals and/or minimum computer technical knowledge end users, fully supports HDD greater
As low as $329.00
qBOX-eSU3 - Key Features
- Quiet, external four tray-less SATA bay with eSATA (3Gb) and USB2.0 (5.0Gb)/2.0 host interfaces
- Four SATA bay can be configured as RAID levels: 0 / 1 / 3 / 5 / 10 / CLONE, SPAN (BIG) or JBoD
- Multiple RAID volumes (requires eSATA host support port multiplier ware)
- RAID GUI easy control and manage drive configuration, compatible with MAC and Linux
- Built-in high performance RAID storage processor to handle RAID engine (200GB/hr+ in rebuilt)
- Staggered drive spin up - Hard Disk (Activity/Failed) LED chassis function
- Email Notification of system status, Drive S.M.A.R.T and error alarm
- Automatic detect drive to rebuild degraded RAID
- S.M.A.R.T array monitoring for hard drive status and reliability
- Supports HDD greater than 2.0TB (3TB tested)
- Built and tested in the United State of America
DAT Optic introduces the first cost effective hardware RAID and JBoD four tray-less drive system, our qBOX-eSU3with dual high speed host interface: USB3.0 (USB2.0 compatible) and eSATA. A perfect high speed, hot plug storage solution for MAC, Windows, and Linux.
With our qBOX-eSU3, four HDDs can be configured as four (4) individual hot-plug drives , or RAID 0/1/3/5/10/SPAN/CLONE modes and access via eSATA or USB3.0/USB2.0 without driver or additional software required.
To use it - just simply plug in USB3.0, USB2.0 or eSATA* host port, within seconds all the HDDs will show up. JBoD is the default mode.
or configured as high reliable raid mode that will protected data in event of HDD failed.
As storage capacity requirements increase, data storage without drive fault tolerance implement, potential of lost data, down time and lost revenue needs become greater. As our qBOX-eSU3 offers fault tolerant RAID levels 1/3/5/10, if a HDD fails and a new HDD is inserted, the built-in RAID engine will reconstruct the inserted drive so the data stays intact and fault tolerant, but if you need more speed than RAID0, without fault tolerant would be the best option.
Save Time and Money
With the new patented connector, end users can use the hard disk like compact disc or floppy disk are being used. There is no tool or hard drive tray required, just the hard drive itself. It saves time, money, and prolongs SATA HDDs due to NO SCRATCH connections.
First screen is an ordinary SATA connection
Click Next to see Patterned New and Improved SATA connection
RAID GUI Management
RAID set up and management can be accessed via RAID GUI compatible to MAC, Window and OpenSUSE. This method allows end users to create, delete, configure, and monitor RAID set(s).
Create/Delete RAID set(s)
With RAID GUI utility, you can create/delete and modify RAID sets in seconds. Just select mode and click apply and RAID sets can be deleted or created within seconds.
Monitor and Report
Unlike other RAID systems in the market, qBOX-eSUfully supports S.M.A.R.T. Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology via RAID GUI utiltiy
With a simple set up, our qBOX-eSU can perform an email notification with selections from information to critical events. This allows administrators to foresee error read/error write based on S.M.A.R.T feature of each individual HDD. This allows you to predict when HDD is about to fail.
Embedded Raid Advance Features
Embedded into its hardware RAID controller, the suspend mode and RAID rebuilt priority setting functions are easy to control. These allow end users to customize the configurations per their desires.
Suspend : Set the RAID array to sleep mode within specific idling timing, from 1 to 10922 min (half year 182 days). Suspend mode will save electricity, make our qBOX-eSU more environmentally friendly, and of course prolong the life of hard drives.
RAID rebuilt priority setting:
Allow RAID engine to allocate more I/O CPU for rebuilt a degrading RAID or concentrate I/O operation. This will affect the transfer rate when rebuilt is needed.
qBOX-eSUsystem RAID includes all other advanced technologies such as:
- - OneTouch back up solution - software included
- - Third party USB driver increase USB2.0 transfer speed (window OS only)
- - Compact, Wide range AC input
- - Over rate PSU more than 100% to get the best of thermal and reliability
- - Push and Pull air flow to optimize the thermal versus fan noise
- - Create RAID with password to protect accidental deletion
For OEM or bulk quantity pricing, please contact sales@DATOptic.com.
|Physical Mount Space||Up to four (4) SATA I/II/III drives - HOT SWAP w/o Tray|
|Operating System||Any OS with e-SATA port and USB 3.0 or 2.0|
|HDD Interface||Up to four SATA drives as big as 8TB supported|
|Cooling||Metal case and 80mm, whisper fan|
|Operating Temperature||0 oC to 50 oC|
|Operating Humidity||5% to 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||6.75"x 7.50" x 11.25" (WxHxD)|
|Connectors||1x Universal AC Plug
1x eSATA port
1x USB 3.0 port
1x On/Off switch
|Power Supply||115-230VAC 50/60Hz; switch-able 80W Output Power|